Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By placing an order with Rehome for Delivery Services you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions then you will be unable to use our services.
1. These Terms and Conditions
- These are our terms and conditions (“Terms”) and they set out the rules that apply to the supply of our services to you (“you” or “Customer”). Please read these Terms carefully before you place an order for our services.
- We suggest that you keep a copy of these Terms for future reference. These Terms may change from time to time so make sure you check these Terms each time you place an order for our services.
2. Information about us
- Who we are. Rehome is the trading style of UKE Home Solutions Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 09875521. Our registered office address is 14a Turnstone Business Park, Mulberry Avenue, Widnes, WA8 0WN (“Rehome”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
- What we do. We act as an agent for third party sellers to market their Products and facilitate a sale to buyers. On occasion we will also sell Products directly as a seller. We also provide delivery services that are available to request as part of the order process and which are described below.
- Contacting us. You can contact our Customer Service Team by telephone on 0151 541 9420 or by email at email@example.com. You can also write to us at our address listed above.
3. What the words in these terms and conditions mean
|Delivery Address||The address provided by you and confirmed in the Confirmation Notice (defined below) where the Product will be delivered.|
|Delivery Services||The collection and delivery services that may be provided by Rehome or its authorised subcontractor, to collect the Product from a Seller and deliver to the Delivery Address, subject to these Terms.|
|Product||The goods offered for sale by Rehome on behalf of the Seller.|
|Seller||Rehome, or a private (non-trader) seller, or a business (trader) seller, for whom Rehome acts as an agent to advertise and sell the Product.|
4. Placing an order
- To place an order for Delivery Services, you must complete and return to us a Pre-Services Questionnaire (please contact our Customer Service Team for details).
- Upon receipt of your Pre-Services Questionnaire, we will contact you to provide a quote for the Delivery Services and, if accepted, arrange a mutually convenient delivery date with you and the Seller, subject to any Product availability details.
- Your order for Delivery Services shall only be deemed accepted when Rehome issues a confirmation email and provides you with your order number and delivery details (the “Confirmation Notice”), at which point and on which date the contract between you and Rehome shall come into existence and these Terms shall apply to the provision of the Delivery Services to the exclusion of all others.
- You must notify us of the Delivery Address and any access requirements at the time that you place your order for the Delivery Services. These details will be confirmed in the Confirmation Notice and you should check them carefully.
- We do not deliver to addresses outside of the UK. You may place an order for Products from outside of the UK, but this order must be for delivery to an address in the UK.
5. Delivery dates
- Occasionally a delivery may be affected by an event outside of our control. If that is the case, you will be notified as soon as possible to rearrange the delivery date.
- Any specific timescales for delivery that we give are estimates only and Rehome shall not be deemed to be in breach of the Terms or have any liability to you (whether in contract (including under any indemnity), tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever arising) for any failure to fulfil any delivery and/or collection within any specified timescales.
6. Acceptance of delivery
- Delivery is complete once the Product has been unloaded at the Delivery Address. For the avoidance of doubt, the Delivery Services do not include storage or installation services.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Product shall pass to you at the time that the Product is collected from the Seller. You may wish to insure the Product accordingly from that point.
- If you choose for the Product to be delivered to a storage facility, delivery is deemed to be complete upon unloading at that storage facility and you accept responsibility to inspect the Product and report any damage or defects within 14 days of such delivery. Rehome is not a party to any contract of storage of the Product.
- If you fail to take delivery within 10 days after the day on which we notified you that the Product was ready for delivery, we may terminate your contract and return the Product to the Seller. You will not be reimbursed for the failed delivery services.
- You will be liable for any costs incurred arising from your failure to accept delivery of the Product at the agreed date and time.
7. Our obligations
- We undertake to perform the Delivery Services with reasonable care and skill.
- Subject to paragraph 5.1, we will endeavour to comply with any estimated delivery dates that we provide and will notify you as soon as practicable if there is any change to the same.
- We may outsource these services to a subcontractor. In such case, we confirm that we shall remain liable for the subcontractor’s actions under these Terms.
8. Your duties
- By placing an order for Delivery Services you are confirming and warranting that: the address for delivery is safe, suitable for the goods to be delivered, and accessible and that you will allow Rehome, our employees, agents, or subcontractors, access to the delivery address to enable them to provide the Delivery Services; that you are at least 18 years of age, are resident in the United Kingdom and that the Delivery Services are to be supplied in the United Kingdom, are an individual consumer not a business, and that you have read, understand and accept these Terms.
- You will permit photographs to be taken to document completion of the Delivery Services and will, if requested, sign a certification of completion to confirm delivery of the Product in a good and satisfactory condition.
- You shall inspect the Product immediately upon completion of delivery for any missing items or damage to the Product and shall immediately notify the delivery driver of any issues. Any issues should be reported to Rehome in writing at the earliest opportunity. Upon accepting the Product (whether or not an acceptance notice is signed by you), you are confirming that the Product conforms in all material respects with the Product Listing and is fit for its intended purpose.
9. Price and payment
- To check our applicable delivery charge rates, please contact our Customer services team.
- Our sales team will provide a quote for the Delivery Services upon receipt of your Pre-Services Questionnaire. The cost of the Delivery Services that we quote is an estimate only, based on successful delivery to you, to the Delivery Address, on first attempt and without any special access requirements that you have failed to notify us of.
- All amounts payable by you are inclusive of applicable VAT and we shall issue a VAT invoice for such sums.
- Additional charges may be applicable if, for example, you fail to take delivery on the agreed delivery date and it is necessary to reschedule delivery. In which case, an additional call out fee to reschedule the delivery will be applicable.
- Payment of the cost of the Delivery Services shall be due 14 days prior to the provision of the services. Any additional charges incurred in the provision of the services shall be due for payment 14 days after Rehome issues an invoice for such costs.
- If we're unable to collect any payment you owe us, we charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 2% a year above the Bank of England base rate from time to time. This interest accrues on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us the interest together with any overdue amount.
10. Liability for loss or damage
- Rehome shall not be liable for any physical loss of, or physical damage to, the Product during transit, or any other loss howsoever arising, where such loss or damage has arisen from or consists of:
- any breach of the Terms or any applicable laws by the Customer;
- the Customer not taking or accepting delivery within a reasonable time;
- any act or omission of the Customer or the Seller;
- any delay in providing Rehome with safe and adequate access and/or delivery instructions;
- seizure under legal process;
- defect of any goods supplied by the Seller;
- any event or other circumstance outside of our control.
- Rehome’s liability for loss of or damage to the Products during the provision of the Delivery Services shall be limited to the actual value of the Product lost or damaged. The actual value of the Product lost or damaged shall be calculated as the lower of the repair cost, or replacement cost, or resale or market value of the goods at the time and place of collection. The actual value will not include any Disclaimed Items (as detailed in the product listing) and will not be more than the original cost of the Product the Customer has actually paid for, or the replacement cost of lost or damaged Product, or the repair cost of damaged Product (subject to proof). Rehome reserves the right to seek to remedy the loss or damage by either replacing, repairing, making good, or offering financial compensation in respect of the same.
- Rehome’s total liability (whether in contract (including under any indemnity), tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever arising) for all losses arising under or in connection with the services shall be limited, per claim or series of connected claims, to the sum paid for the Delivery Services.
- Rehome shall have no liability to the Customer whatsoever for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss, arising under or in connection with the Contract.
- Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude Rehome’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other matter for which it is unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
- If you wish to make a claim of loss or damage related to the Delivery Services provided by Rehome, then you must do so within 14 days of the date of delivery. You should support any claim with evidence of loss or damage you have suffered and, at our request, permit inspection of the Product to allow us to assess your claim. If you fail to do so, we may not be responsible for any such loss.
- Any payment made to you in response to a claim shall be made and accepted in full and final settlement of your claim.
- If you wish to cancel the Delivery Services, you may do so at any time up to 14 days prior to the due date for delivery. You have no right to cancel the Services after this time.
- Provided you cancel at least 14 days prior to the due date for delivery, you will be entitled to a refund of any money paid for the services, less any costs already incurred in anticipation of the Delivery Services. If you cancel after that time, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of up to 75% of the price quoted for the Delivery Services.
- You will not be able to cancel the Delivery Services if any of those services have already been performed.
12. Rehome is not responsible for events outside of its control
- Where Rehome is prevented from carrying out its obligations under these Terms due to circumstances that are beyond its control (including but not limited to acts of god, governmental actions, war or national emergency, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, inclement weather, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to Rehome’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers), performance of its obligations shall be postponed for the time during which the circumstance continues without any obligation to compensate you provided reasonable steps are taken to prevent or minimise delay. Rehome will contact you to inform you of such delay as soon as possible.
- If the period of delay or non-performance continues for a period of four weeks (in excess of any previously agreed timeframe), you can contact our Customer Service Team to end the contract and receive a refund for any Delivery Services that you have paid for in advance but have not yet received.
13. Other important terms and conditions
- Rehome may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms, or subcontract the provision of the Delivery Services, to another organisation. You may only transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms to someone else if we agree to it in writing.
- Any notices and communications required to be given under these Terms shall be made in writing by either mail or email to Rehome’s Customer Service Team, and to the address you used when completing your Pre-Services Questionnaire.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If Rehome does not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if there is a delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking the contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent Rehome from taking steps against you at a later date.
- These Terms are governed by English law and any dispute arising out of these Terms (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be brought in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in.